With its laid-back vibe and casual activities, you’ll feel at ease in Laughlin. It’s a relaxed, friendly town, and its proximity to Las Vegas, California and Arizona, makes it a breeze to get to by car. Laughlin’s small-town charm is evident in its personable customer service and hospitality you’ll receive around every corner.
These leisurely and relaxing activities showcase the comfortable, come-as-you-are destination that Laughlin is known for.
1. One of Laughlin’s best features is the beautiful Colorado River, which runs through the heart of town. Take full advantage of the wonderful views of the river and hotel skyline with a sunset dinner cruise with Laughlin River Tours.
2. You can also enjoy a relaxing, fully-narrated cruise aboard the USS Riverside, detailing the history of the region and the mighty Colorado River. The boat travels past the hotel corridor and is the only one that’s able to go under the Laughlin Bridge, taking you up to Davis Dam.
3. With the number of great casino resorts in Laughlin, there’s no shortage of places to practice one of the best leisurely past times – shopping! From the General Store that carries vacation essentials, as well as fun and unusual souvenirs, to the two-story Laughlin Outlet Center with prices 20%-70% below retail for name brands, you are sure to find everything you need – and probably more.
4. Up for a little friendly competition? Hit Riverside Lanes at Don Laughlin’s Riverside Resort for some bowling action. The lanes are perfect for a few hours of daytime fun, but don’t miss the glow-in-the-dark Cosmic Bowling at night. Throwing too many gutter balls? Bumpers are available for each of its 34 lanes, making it perfect for all ages and skill levels.
5. In the mood for a scenic stroll? Laughlin’s landscaped River Walk winds along the banks of the Colorado, providing a lovely, walkable route between the town’s riverside resorts and attractions. Wildlife lovers will enjoy spotting the variety of waterfowl, shorebirds, as well as the plants and flowers that grow along the riverside.
6. Explore the coves, canyons and beaches of the Havasu National Wildlife Refuge and Needles Wilderness Area on an adventurous kayak day trip with Desert River Outfitters.
7. Head out on a water excursion with the Jerkwater Canoe Company. Jerkwater also offers a range of exciting, wilderness activities to go alongside your canoe trip – from flat-water paddling to hiking to fishing.
8. For a day on the links, visit Laughlin Ranch, Las Lagos Golf Club, Mojave Resort Golf Club, El Rio Golf Club or Huukan Golf Club for stellar desert golf experiences. All clubs offer top-class golfing facilities, and have been designed by some of the best golf-course architects, sure to test your skills.
9. Desert excursions might seem like they’re strictly for adrenaline junkies, but being in nature can be very relaxing. Experience breathtaking scenery with an OUI Experience private UTV excursion, expertly catered to you and your group.
10. If you’re into a smoother ride, rent a three-wheeled Polaris Slingshot roadster from 220 Tours for an attention-grabbing, self-drive experience with preloaded GPS tours. Cruising the streets of Laughlin never looked so cool.