LAUGHLIN GETAWAY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR RESERVATIONS REQUIRED TO ENTER OR RECEIVE A PRIZE
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
These Official Rules apply to the "Laughlin Getaway Sweepstakes" promotion ("Sweepstakes") conducted by Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority ("LVCVA"), 3150 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (hereinafter, "Sponsor"). The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 Pacific Daylight Savings Time ("PDT") on February 17, 2012, and ends at 11:59:59 PM PDT on May 1, 2012. By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to the Terms in these Official Rules.
1. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENTS MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ARIZONA, CALIFORNIA OR NEVADA WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. Employees of the LVCVA, R&R Partners and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion, fulfillment and/or judging agencies (collectively, "Related Entities") and their immediate families members and household members (whether related or not) are not eligible. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings or spouses, regardless of where they live.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Between 12:00:01 AM PDT on February 17, 2012 and 11:59:59 PM PDT on May 1, 2012, log onto www.VisitLaughlin.com/SD, www.VisitLaughlin.com/LA; www.VisitLaughlin.com/AZ; or www.VisitLaughlin.com/LV, click on the "Laughlin Getaway Sweepstakes" banner and follow the on-screen instructions to complete and submit an Official Entry Form by providing your complete name, address, ZIP code, date of birth and a valid email address ("Entry"). Limit one (1) Entry per person and per valid email address. Your Entry constitutes your consent to participate in this Sweepstakes and your consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver your name, address and email address, and other information for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes and for other uses by Sponsor as permitted by applicable law. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59:59 PM PDT on May 1, 2012.
3. RANDOM DRAWING/SELECTION OF WINNERS: Two (2) Grand Prize Winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by Centra360, an independent judging organization whose decisions on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes is final and binding. The random drawing will be conducted on or about May 3, 2012. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
4. TWO (2) GRAND PRIZES: Each Grand Prize is a trip for Grand Prize Winner and one (1) Guest to Laughlin, Nev., consisting of two (2) nights' standard double occupancy hotel accommodations at a hotel designated by Sponsor and one (1) $250 Visa gift card. The approximate retail value of each Grand Prize: $500. Total approximate retail value of all prizes: $1,000. Grand Prize travel must be booked and redeemed between July 1, 2012, and June 1, 2013. In the event the booking and travel do not take place by June 1, 2013, Grand Prize Winner forfeits the prize and no compensation will be provided in lieu of the forfeited trip. Guest of the Grand Prize Winner must be 21 years of age or older at time of utilizing prize. Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest must utilize the prize on the same itinerary. Components of the Grand Prize are subject to availability and certain blackout dates may apply. Each Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any and all air transportation, ground transportation between winner's residence and Laughlin, Nev., gasoline, tolls and parking fees. Each Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any and all expenses including, but not limited to, meals, in-room charges (e.g., mini-bar, room service, telephone, movies), beverages, gratuities, travel upgrades and personal incidentals. Each Grand Prize Winner and Guest will be required to provide a valid major credit card or some other acceptable form of payment, as determined in the hotel's sole discretion upon hotel check and all in-room charges, telephone calls, meals, beverages, hotel upgrades, amenities, personal incidentals and any other expenses charged to the Grand Prize Winner's hotel room will be charged to that major valid credit card or deducted from the deposit provided. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the hotel including changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. If Grand Prize Winner becomes disabled or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the Prize due to illness, Sponsor shall have the option at its sole discretion of: (1) being relieved of liability for fulfillment of the Prize or any part thereof or; (2) extending the period during which such Prize may be awarded for a period equal to the duration of Grand Prize Winner's disability or illness. Grand Prize Winner must prove such disability by a doctor's certificate, which certificate shall be endorsed by another physician agreeable to Sponsor and Prize Winner at Prize Winner's expense. By accepting a Grand Prize, each Grand Prize Winner and Guest agree that Grand Prize Winner and Guest will act in a manner that is safe and respectful of Sponsor, Related Entities and their sponsored-specified hotels. If a Grand Prize Winner and/or Guest should appear to be inebriated, impaired or acting inappropriately, if a Grand Prize Winner and/or Guest speaks profanity or shows any lewd or sexually suggestive gesture or full or partial nudity, or if a Grand Prize Winner and/or Guest becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which could reflect unfavorably upon any other individual, that creates the potential for death, disability, injury and/or property damage, the Sponsor, its Related Entities and management of sponsored-specified hotels, shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to remove both the Grand Prize Winner and Guest from the premises and the remainder of the Grand Prize may be forfeited without any further compensation. Each Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for paying all federal, state and local taxes on any prize. Grand Prize Winners may not choose the cash value in lieu of the prize. No substitution, assignment, or transfer of any prize permitted. In the event the entire Grand Prize stated herein is unavailable for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
5. CLAIMING PRIZE/RELEASES: Each potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign before a notary public and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Prize Acceptance/ Liability and (where legally permissible) a Publicity Release Form within five (5) business days of receipt. Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification and that Grand Prize will be awarded to an alternate Grand Prize Winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. If a potential Grand Prize Winner is ineligible, or declines the Grand Prize, that Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries. Each Grand Prize Winner's Guest will be required to execute and return a Travel Liability and Publicity Release (where permissible) prior to utilizing the prize or will not be permitted to utilize the prize with the Grand Prize Winner. If the Affidavit/Release is not returned, or if a Grand Prize is forfeited for any reason whatsoever, that Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified, and that Grand Prize will be awarded to an alternate Grand Prize Winner who will be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries. Each potential Grand Prize Winner is not a Grand Prize Winner until his/her notification materials submitted are verified.
6. INTERNET: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, at which time Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received at the time of the Sweepstakes termination. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCOMPATIBILITY OF ENTRANT'S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY WITH SPONSOR'S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person 21 years of age or older who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Use of automated devices are not valid for entry.
7. GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants and each Grand Prize Winner: (1) agree to be bound by these Official Rules; (2) agree to release Sponsor and Related Entities from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death arising out of participating in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery; and (3) consent to the use of his/her name, voice, picture and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor may prohibit individuals from participating in Sweepstakes and disqualify entries if they (1) attempt to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than as described in these Official Rules, (2) attempt to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules in any way or (3) repeatedly show a disregard for the Sweepstakes Official Rules or act (a) in an unsportsmanlike manner, or (b) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor. Sponsor's decisions with respect to the Sweepstakes are final. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. Sponsor and Related Entities reserve the right to correct typographic, clerical or printing errors in any Sweepstakes materials. Sponsor and Related Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this Sweepstakes, the administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prizes, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor or Related Entities are prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor's or Related Entities' control (each a "Force Majeure" event) the Sponsor and Related Entities shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor or Related Entities, in their discretion, elect to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor and Related Entities reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prizes from among all valid and eligible Entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
8. WINNERS LIST: To receive the names of the Grand Prize Winners (available after May 15, 2012), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by July 31, 2012, to: Laughlin Getaway Sweepstakes Winners, c/o Centra Marketing & Communications, 1400 Old Country Rd., Ste. 420, Westbury, NY 11590. Do not send Sweepstakes entries to this address.
NATURE OF SPONSOR'S BUSINESS: Promotes tourism, conventions, meetings and special events in Las Vegas, Nev., and Laughlin, Nev.
© 2012 Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. All rights reserved.